If you are like me, and receive 200 or more emails a day and just skim over them and mark them as read, this trick will come in handy.
I’m not sure if it s an undocumented feature or handy bug, but it is possible to mark all of your messages as read on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Inbox with the messages that you want mark as read.
- Press “Edit”, just like you are going to select several messages. Instead, select 1 unread message.
- Press and Hold “Mark” in the bottom right hand corner. Do not press and release it, you must hold it down during Step 4.
- While holding “Mark”, uncheck the message you selected in Step 2.
- Release the “Mark” button.
- Select “Mark as Read” from the pop-up.
- Voila! All of your unread messages in your inbox will now be marked a read!
Thanks Apple for this undocumented feature!